America Saves Week was established in 2007 by America Saves and the American Savings Education Council in an effort to promote personal savings throughout America and to change people’s behavior when it comes to saving money. AmericaSavesWeek.org uncovered some startling statistics from the 2016 Annual America Saves Week survey:
- Just two out of every five U.S. households report good or excellent progress in meeting their savings goals
- 52 percent are saving enough for retirement at a desirable standard of living
- Only 43 percent have automatic savings outside of work
- More men (74 percent) report savings progress than women (67 percent)
- Those with a savings plan with specific goals (55 percent) are making more savings progress than those without a plan (23 percent)
At First County Bank we have many initiatives and programs to help promote savings. From our most basic savings account to comprehensive retirement strategies, we have the people in place to help you achieve the results you want when it comes to savings.