Black Friday has taken over as one of the most anticipated shopping events of the year with big crowds, and even bigger deals. If Black Friday isn’t your jam, there is Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday, and Giving Tuesday.
With all of these “shopping holidays” providing endless ways to spend, it’s important to plan ahead in order to optimize both your time and your money.
- Plan ahead – Keep a list of items you want to purchase and how much they currently cost. That way, when the shopping rush begins, you can truly tell if you’re getting a good deal.
- Budget – Holiday spending can get out of hand quickly. Establish your budget beforehand so you don’t get swayed by the allure of a good deal.
- Follow retailers on social media and subscribe to their emails – This will help you learn about good deals first.
- Ask about price matching – All is fair in love and retail. Now might be a great time to compare items at multiple stores in order to get the best possible price.
- Have a strategy – The best deals go quickly so plan your route ahead of time to make sure you optimize your shopping.
- Turn your browser to private mode – This will keep retailers from being able to track your shopping activity, and then tailor offers to you (a.k.a. raise the price!).
Ultimately, it’s important to have fun and enjoy the process of shopping for your loved ones.