This past Tuesday local executives met at the First County Bank Executive Offices to hold a panel discussion on philanthropic strategies within the community. The panel event, organized by the Mark Lapine Endowment for Families in Business Foundation, discussed key factors in engaging the nonprofit community. Local executives on the panel were:
- Cindi Bigelow, President and CEO, Bigelow Tea
- Reyno Giallongo, Jr., Chairman and CEO, First County Bank, and President, First County Bank Foundation
- Tiffany Kuehner, Board Chair and former CEO, Hope for Haiti
- Mike Maguire, CEO, Structural Graphics, and Co-founder, Raise the Roof
- Ashok Vasudevan, Co-founder and CEO, Preferred Brands International, Chairman of the Board, Tasty Bite Eatables Ltd.
- Moderator: Noah Lapine, Owner, President of Lapine Associates
“We believe that engagement in the nonprofit community should come from an individual’s DNA,” said Rey Giallongo, Jr. Recognizing this many of these executives credit their employees for engaging and fulfilling many of the initiatives they are involved in. “Be there . . . be loud. . .” said Mike Maguire, whether it’s community events or encouraging employees, being authentic about your values and mission play an important role in strengthening local communities.