Each year the Connecticut Bankers Association gathers information on the philanthropic and civic contributions made by Connecticut banks to our communities through its annual Community Involvement Survey.
The results of the most recent survey are in, and we are proud to be among the 35 institutions that contributed to the following figures for 2013:
- Gave nearly $20 million through charitable donations to more than 9,200 organizations
- Our employees provided over 400,000 hours of volunteer community service
- Paid $15.8 million in property taxes
- Closed $6.6 billion of residential loans
- Closed $5.1 billion of commercial loans
And as 2014 progresses we look forward to continuing to play a key role in keeping our local economies vibrant and growing.