As we kick off 2013, First County Bank takes a look back at some of its accomplishments over the past year. From the launch of several new products designed to help residents and businesses to the First County Bank Foundation reaching its milestone of $5M in total grants awarded to lower Fairfield County nonprofit organizations since its 2001 inception, we are proud of our contributions to the livelihood of our community.
- First County Bank Foundation exceeded $5M in total grants since inception. In 2012 alone, the Foundation was able to give more than $600,000 to nonprofit organizations serving Stamford, Norwalk, Greenwich, Darien, Westport and New Canaan.
- Our employees participated in a number of community-based events, which allowed us to support local nonprofits, including the Women’s Health Fair in Stamford, the Annual Oyster Festival in Norwalk, the Stamford Balloon Parade Spectacular, the Maple Sugar Festival at the Stamford Museum & Nature Center and SandBlast! in Greenwich, to name a few.
- The Richard Taber Citizenship Award celebrated its second year anniversary and awarded scholarships to three more local deserving high school students, while reaching an increased level of awareness among local schools.
- We were named one of the “Fast 50” residential lenders in Fairfield County by the Commercial Record, illustrative of our commitment to helping residents achieve the dream of home ownership.
- Launched the First County Bank Mobile Banking App – the app makes it easy to customers to check balances, make transfers between First County Bank accounts, pay bills with established payees, check messages and make transaction history inquiries right from their smart phone or tablet.
- Launched Mutual Solutions for Nonprofit Professionals, a suite of products tailored to help the nonprofit sector with their banking needs.
- Introduced First County Bank Advisors. First County Advisors is the new name for our former trust & investments/wealth management group. First County Advisors clearly communicates the value and commitment that our financial professionals deliver to their clients.
- Our Norwalk branch offices were renovated with new state-of-the art office equipment, offering our Norwalk customers an improved customer experience in a hospitable and fresh environment.
As we look ahead to 2013, we are excited about all the possibilities the New Year will present. We have before us exciting new technological advancements to help make our customer’s banking experience seamless. First County Bank Foundation is positioned to give back to numerous programs and initiatives that help strengthen and support our community.
As we do every year, we will continue to provide an even higher level of customer service we’ve been known for in the communities we serve. Wishing you all a safe and healthy New Year!